A Level Playing Field
The DVD and Instructor’s Guide cover four core principles of the American Judicial System and include sports references for keeping students’ attention and interest.
The DVD contains excerpts from interviews with prominent Arkansas elected officials, judges and attorneys, including Governor Mike Beebe, Senator Dale Bumpers, Chief Justice Jim Hannah, Honorable Lavenski Smith, Bobby McDaniel, as well as several others. The production is hosted by a Little Rock attorney Nick Rogers and NFL Referee Walt Coleman. The DVD discusses the Constitutional basis of the American judicial system and the four fundamental principles of the judicial system-- the Rule of Law; Equal Justice Under the Law; Fair, Impartial and Independent Judiciary and the Jury System.
The Mock Trial Program is a rich curriculum that promotes the development of fundamental knowledge, sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
Click here for more information on Mock Trial
18 & Life to Go: A Legal Handbook for Young Arkansans
“18 & Life To Go: A Legal Handbook For Young Arkansans” is the hard work of Arkansas lawyers who have previously stood in your shoes. The authors and editors of this Handbook have all been your age, and like you have been confronted with the questions, conflicts, issues, and circumstances that now greet you on your own journey to adulthood.
Leaving high school and either seeking more school or entering the workforce will present you with a wide range of choices, each of which can have long-lasting, legal consequences. This Handbook is designed to serve as a guide for weighing many of the pros and cons of each choice. This Handbook addresses issues such as:
- Applying for a Job
- Renting Your First Home
- Credit/Debit Cards, Money Problems, and Common Scams and Schemes
- The Price of Independence
- Staying out of Trouble and Dealing with Law Enforcement
- And much more!
Click here to download a FREE copy of 18 & Life to Go: A Legal Handbook for Young Arkansans
18 & Life to Go: A Legal Handbook for Young Arkansans - NEW KINDLE FORMAT
Get the 18 & Life to Go iPhone App
R U Safe? Protecting Yourself in Cyberspace
Click Here to View R U Safe?
R U Safe? was created by the Texas Young Lawyers Association, and made possible by a grant from the Texas Bar Foundation.
|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is law related education?
Law Related Education is a program that helps educators, students, and citizens understand and appreciate the legal system through several programs sponsored by LRE and the Arkansas Bar Association.
What are the benefits of LRE?
- LRE improves critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- LRE increases students' knowledge of the law making them better informed citizens.
- LRE encourages students to respect laws, rules and persons in authority when exposed to a balanced view of our democratic society.
- LRE can aid in reducing discipline problems in schools.
- Students learn positive ways to resolve conflict.
- Students are exposed to members of the legal community in positive ways.
- Students involved in LRE are less likely to become delinquent.
- LRE promotes positive self-image in students.
- LRE promotes community interaction with the schools.