Take Leadership to the Next Level. The Leadership Academy is an exciting program designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of participating attorneys and produce higher level leaders with skills that can transform the community and revolutionize the legal profession.
Congratulations to the members of the 2012-2013 Leadership Class!
Margaret Alsbrook, Alsbrook Legal Services
Bart W. Calhoun, Arkansas Attorney General's Office
Chris P. Corbitt, Corbitt Law Firm, PLLC
Tracey Dennis, Attorney at Law
Edie Ervin, Friday, Eldredge & Clark LLP
Kenya J. Gordon, Carney Williams Bates & Pulliam, PLLC
Amy Dunn Johnson, Arkansas Access to Justice Commission
Jamie Huffman Jones, Friday, Eldredge & Clark LLP
Victoria Leigh, Leigh Law LLC
Akira S. Marine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
J. Clifford McKinney, II, Quattlebaum, Grooms, Tull & Burrow PLLC
K. Brooke Moore, Law Office of K. Brooke Moore
Chad William Pekron, Quattlebaum, Grooms, Tull & Burrow PLLC
John D. Pettie, Dover Dixon & Horne PLLC
Justin Bradford Smith, Norton & Wood, LLP
Theodis Thompson, Rolfe Law Firm, P.A.
Shana R. Woodard, Arkansas Board of Review
Megan Elizabeth Wooster, James Law Firm
2012-2013 Program Overview
Leadership In Action
The selection committee considers many issues with respect to the composition of each class including principal areas of practice, geographical location, types of leadership experience, number of persons within a given firm who may have applied, and other diversity factors. We strongly encourage all members who are interested in the Leadership Academy to apply for the next class.
Mission: to create a diverse network of lawyers with the knowledge, skills, and values to provide dynamic leadership to the profession, their communities, and the state.
- To build a statewide network of lawyer/leaders
- To provide advanced training to proven community and bar leaders
- To foster integrity and public service among lawyers
- To encourage lawyers to more effectively discharge their responsibilities in the public interest
- To enhance the diversity of lawyer/leaders
- To advance the administration of justice by involving more lawyers in bar and community leadership positions
- Opening Retreat: January 10-12, 2013 at Degray State Park
- Legislature and the Judiciary: March 4-5, 2013 in Little Rock
- Community and Bar Leadership Retreat: April 19-20, 2013 at Mt. Magazine
- Pro Bono and Graduation: During the Arkansas Bar Association Annual Meeting in Hot Springs - June 13, 2013
Inspirational Speakers • Leadership Building • Compelling Opportunities
Define your Leadership Style • Identify Strengths & Overcome Weaknesses
For More Information, contact
Crystal Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org