The purposes of the Arkansas Bar Association include the following:
- Advance the Administration of Justice.
- Foster and maintain on the part of attorneys high ideals of integrity, learning, competence and public service, and high standards of conduct.
- Encourage the legal profession and its individual members to perform more effectively and efficiently their responsibilities in the public interest.
- Conduct a program of continuing legal education for attorneys.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of subjects pertaining to the practice of law.
- Improve the judicial and legal process, and advance law and order.
- Encourage practices that improve the honor and dignity of the legal profession.